ICTC USA News & History
April 2020: ICTC Receives Validation as a Covid-19 Response Supplier
"ThomasNet" & "StopTheSpread.org" has endorsed ICTC as an electronics contract manufacturer able to supply critical electronic sub-assemblies for ventilators for our US Healthcare workers.
July 2019: ICTC Acquires Precision Machining Capabilities
"Chasco had been in business for more than 30 years, with its owners and skilled engineers running the day-to-day operations, but they were challenged to help the company grow.
That's when Sareet Majumdar, president and partner of ICTC, a manufacturer of custom wire harnesses, cable assemblies, printed circuit board assemblies and electronic box builds, stepped in." (Read More - PDF 68KB)
June 2018: Philippines Quality & Wire and Cable Show
"ICTC PI was certified by SGS Philippines with conformance on ISO 9001 in May 2018 ... As part of our continual improvement, we are striving to achieve compliance with IATF 16949:2016 requirements this November 2018."
"With an aim to develop business locally and open opportunities with local suppliers, ICTC PI Attended the Wire and Cable Show Philippines 2018 at the SMX Convention Center Mall of Asia Complex on June 27th & 28th. "
(Read More - PDF 777KB)
February 2018: 75 New Jobs Coming to Hernando County
"At today's meeting, the Board of County Commissioners unanimously approved two incentive packages that will bring 75 new jobs to Hernando County. An $817,000 incentive package for a warehousing and logistics company, referred to as "Project Diamond" until all negotiations are final, will bring 60 new, full-time jobs within the next three years. The second $30,000 incentive package for Interconnect Cable Technologies Corporation (ICTC), a local manufacturing business, will bring 15 jobs over the next three years. All incentives are performance based and require annual documentation of new jobs and wages." (Continue reading here - PDF 777KB)
July 2017: ICTC Expands Global Presence in the Philippines
ICTC USA has opened a Philippine manufacturing facility. In a continuing effort to expand our global presence, ICTC launched its newest manufacturing operations in Laguna Techno Park, Philippines known as ICTCPI this past January.
In only six months ICTCPI has already proven to be an outstanding addition of quality manufacturing, efficient production, and on-time delivery performance. In our first phase of production, the ICTCPI team has built over 45 different assemblies for multiple customers with ZERO defects.
In fact, due to the rapid development of our production in Laguna, it has already forced the company to begin an expansion to triple our workforce and production area. The expanded facility will be ready by October 15, and ICTC will continue to invest in all new equipment, hiring only top talent, and providing in depth training for key Philippine personnel at our US Headquarters.
Meanwhile, we have still continued to grow our production in the US by focusing on higher revenue military cable and box build manufacturing. This is a perfect example of how global manufacturing increases opportunities and revenue domestically. We are proud to be offering our long-term US employees growth opportunity by handling more complex assemblies, as this is a cornerstone to our hybrid-manufacturing concept. (Link )
April 2017: ICTC's Space Optimization Leads to Leaner Production
"ICTC hired an outside consultant and engaged an internal team to look at some LEAN manufacturing processes. The team put together a plan that completely re-oriented its production floor by making smaller more efficient lines that ran East-West, and as a result, ICTC has a much more flexible work area and can move machines more easily to be flexible to different project needs. The entire exercise created 6000 additional feet of manufacturing space and allowed ICTC to LEAN out much of its existing production." (Continue reading here )
May 2017: ICTC Brings Awareness and Support to Operation HeartF.E.L.T.
"Founded in 1988, ICTC USA is located in Brooksville, Hernando Co., Florida. ICTC is a Full-Service Contract Manufacturer of custom wire harnesses, cable assemblies, printed circuit board assemblies and electronic box builds. Alongside its expansive success operating throughout 13 different countries, ICTC has a passion for maintaining close ties within the community. Every year ICTC invests both time and resources in a non-profit in Hernando County. ICTC’s latest community involvement is with a non-profit called Operation HeartF.E.L.T. (Feeding Empty Little Tummies)." (Continue reading here )
February 2017: ICTC Opens a New Facility in the Philippines While Expanding its US Footprint
ICTC is proud to announce the opening of it's newest manufacturing facility in Laguna, Philippines. We have established a plant for manufacturing of wire harness and box builds to support our clients globally. We are happy to expand our manufacturing and engineering footprint in Asia, and welcome our clients to visit and work with us in the Philippines. (Facebook post )
"The new facility in the Philippines expands ICTC’s global manufacturing solutions for both itself as well as its clients. As a result of increased outsourcing to China, there has been a continued surge in manufacturing regulations and costs. By opening a new facility in the Philippines, ICTC has created greater flexibility and better control of the manufacturing process. ICTC will be taking simple cable assembly, wire harness, and box build orders from customers that provide ICTC with 6 to 12 month projections over to the new facility in the Philippines. Not only does this lead to monetary savings for ICTC, but most importantly to its customers worldwide. Current customers will incur these benefits provided they are able to plan with a longer lead-time for their contract builds." (Continue reading here )
July 2016: ICTC as Priatek, LLC's Contract Manufacturer
"ICTC is a Full Service Contract Manufacturer of custom wire harnesses, cable assemblies, printed circuit board assemblies and electronic box builds. ICTC is manufacturing Priatek’s flagship product and is currently Priatek, LLC’s contract manufacturer hired to build Priatek’s interactive advertising kiosk box based on its engineered designs and specifications. Priatek is a company that designs and manages custom prize promotions for local and national businesses under its “in2win” brand. In2win is a revolutionary platform that allows companies to interact, engage, and market products through a network of touchscreen kiosks located in high-traffic locations. On the free in2win mobile app, it offers prizes and discounts off of popular consumer products and services." (Continue reading here )
June 2015: Our President and CEO Sareet Majumdar on That Business Show Radio Show
On June 12, 2015 our President and CEO Sareet Majumdar was interviewed on That Business Show with Jamie Meloni on 1250 WHNZ. They touched on everything from business to travel to fashion trends in Asia. Sareet was able to speak about what ICTC USA does and how we are a hybrid manufacturing company. He stressed that a company can have it both ways: They can manufacture both in the United States and abroad while thriving in both. He also touched on current projects ICTC is working on, including school bus cameras that catch people who violate the school bus stop sign. Sareet goes on to explain, "Our ideal customer is somebody who has developed a mature product, but is now looking to take the next step to get that manufactured and mass produced." (Radio Show Interview - Video) (Sareet Majumdar Radio Show - Picture)
December 2014: ICTC's Charity Cup Challenge Supports the Boys & Girls Club of Hernando County
ICTC is very happy to have ended the year with another Charity Cup Challenge, an internal charity competition. This year the challenge supported the Boys & Girls Club of Hernando County, with the goal being to put together 50 bicycles for children. The competition pitted the production workers, team Fowl (inside joke), against the administrative support staff, team Fish (another inside joke), to see which team could build 25 bicycles in the shortest amount of time. Team Fowl, under the guidance of Leon Decker, was able to put together 25 bicycles in 37 minutes and 51 seconds and officially won our 2nd annual Charity Cup. It was such a thrill to see the excitement on the faces of the young boys and girls who came to our facility to pick up the bicycles! We thank all of our employees, vendors and customers, without whom we would not be able to support our community to the extent that we have. We are already looking forward to the 2015 Charity Cup Challenge! (2014 Charity Cup Challenge Slide Show) (BKV Article)
August 2014: ICTC Receives ISO 13485 Certification
On August 18th, ICTC was certified ISO 13485 for Medical Devices. ICTC has had contracts, dependant upon this certification, waiting to be released for production. As a result, this achievement expands ICTC's production portfolio, as well as increases its presence in the market. ( ISO 13485 Certification PDF - 206KB)
July 2014: Governor Rick Scott Visits ICTC
Governor Rick Scott visited ICTC on his "Jobs for the Next Generation" Tour, and referred to ICTC as a real success story. While at the ICTC facility, Gov. Scott took a tour, talked with many employees one-on-one, applauded ICTC for its growth and success, and spoke to the employees and media about his job creation plans and focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) job creation, research, and education for the future of Florida. (News Clip 1) (Tampa Tribune Article)
May 2014: ICTC Receives Business Ambassador Award
ICTC is pleased to announce that it was selected by Governor Rick Scott to be one of four recipients statewide for the Business Ambassador Award. In a special ceremony during the Florida Cabinet Meeting on May 13th (see video), the Governor presented the award to Sareet Majumdar, CEO, and Rick Osgood, VP of our CMS Division. The Governor specifically congratulated ICTC on its 26 year history and its recent expansion into a state-of-the-art 44,000 square foot facility. This award is truly a reflection of the dedication and commitment to quality of all of ICTC's employees, and we thank them for their efforts in making this possible. (FLGOV.COM Article) (WCTV Article) (Award Receipt Pic)
(Click on thubmnail to enlarge)
ICTC News & History Highlights
- July: ICTC acquires Precision Machining capabilities, operating out of a new facility in Brooksville, FL.
- February: ICTC opens new facility in Laguna, Philippines.
- December: ICTC's Charity Cup Challenge Supports the Boys and Girls Club of Hernando County.
- August 18th: ICTC achieves ISO 13485 for medical devices. ( ISO 13485 certification PDF - 206KB)
- July 23rd: Florida Governor, Rick Scott, visits ICTC on "Jobs for the Next Generation" Tour, engages critics, speaks with the employees, and addresses the media. (News Clip 1) (Tampa Tribune Article)
- May 13th: ICTC receives the Florida Governor's Business Ambassador award. (FLGOV.COM Article) (WCTV Article) (Award Receipt Pic)
- January: ICTC gains Florida Defense Contractors Association (FDCA) membership. (FDCA Membership Announcement)
- November 15th: ICTC hosts the Grand Opening of its new facility. Read Press Releases and articles linked below.
(Tampa Bay Times) (Florida Governor's Office) (Area Development Online) (Hernando Today) (FL AG Pam Bondi's Newsletter) (FL AG Pam Bondi's Facebook Post)
- October: ICTC will partner with Feeding Children Everywhere to package 10,000 meals at the new facility grand opening ceremony. ICTC is celebrating its growth by giving back to the community! (Event Details) (Feeding Children Everywhere Website) (Feeding Children Everywhere)
- September: ICTC announces the Grand Opening of its new facility will be, November 15th, 2013. (Tampa Tribune Article)
- March: ICTC USA eyes Labor Day Opening of new facility. (Hernando Today Article)
- February: ICTC is officially certified as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) by FMSDC (www.fmsdc.org). Sareet Majumdar, President of ICTC, notes, "As officially certified as a minority business enterprise, we believe this will open up further opportunities for contract manufacturing in both the private and public sectors."
- ICTC USA launches its new and updated website
- ICTC EMS Division moves to the ICTC USA main campus.
- ICTC USA acquires STI (Symbionic Technologies Inc., Brooksville Fl.) creating an ICTC USA EMS Division further adding to the company's list of capabilities by providing PCB Assemblies for modest volumes including prototyping. ( Press Release PDF - 179KB)
- All of ICTC USA's Production and Quality personnel acquire certification in key wire harness manufacturing disciplines via training & certification resources available through WHMA®, further enhancing the organization's ability to serve customers and offer the highest possible product quality.
- Asia Manufacturing receives UL approval
- ICTC China office initiates a local community charity fund to help with the relief efforts for victims in the 2008, Sichuan Province earthquake, in China. See Video
- U.S. global headquarters established, as well as Asian presence.
- ICTC USA / Global Manufacturing Solutions brand established.
- ICTC USA makes the transition to ISO 9001 certification.
- Under new management, ICTC USA expands its operations, adding 'Bldg 2' to its campus.
- ICTC USA seeks and obtains ISO 9002 certification through Underwriter Laboratories.
- ICTC USA relocates to its current cite in Hernando Co. FL, Airport Industrial Park.
- ICTC USA founded - Brooksville, Hernando Co., Florida.